Rather than try to put up a separate post for everything that's going on this week, I'm just going to collect it all here. I'll update as things go up, so you can always check back for the latest. (Or you can follow me on Twitter or on Facebook to get the updates as they come out.)
Stuff that's already up
My prequel short story, The Penitent Damned, is free at io9.
The Thousand Names is one of Amazon's Best of SFF for July!
There's an interview with me at Fantasy-Faction.
A nice review at Bookworm Blues.
The giveaway for five hardcovers is still ongoing at Tor.com.
A new giveaway for two signed ARCs, open worldwide, at Fantasy Book Critic.
Another review at Speculative Book Review.
The book is released!
I explain The Big Idea behind The Thousand Names at John Scalzi's Whatever.
A great review at The Book Plank.
Recruitment: Introducing the cast of The Thousand Names, featuring excerpts and a giveaway!
A short Q&A with me over at Penguin.
A nicely detailed review at Tor.com.
Happy Fourth of July! Today the book is released in the UK.
I've taken over the Del Rey UK website to talk about worldbuilding.
Deployment: We've Come a Long Way, on the many versions of The Thousand Names that came before the final one.
A nice review from FantasyLiterature.com.
The Thousand Names blog tour, starting Wednesday!
Launching The Shadow Campaigns
- Recruitment: Introducing the cast of The Thousand Names, featuring excerpts! (at I Smell Sheep, 7/3/13)
- Training: Using History to Build a Fantasy Society (at SF Signal, 7/4/13)
- Deployment: We've Come a Long Way (at The Qwillery, 7/5/13)
- Reconnaissance: Point of View as a Precious Resource (at Anne Lyle, 7/8/13)
- March!: Maintaining Forward Momentum, Or, Things Should Happen In Books (at The Book Smugglers, 7/9/13)
- The Day of Battle: Writing Battle Scenes (at Suvudu, 7/10/13)
- The Pursuit: Planning a Series (at Fantasy Book Critic, 7/11/13)
- The Butcher's Bill: Kill Your Darlings, featuring an exclusive excerpt! (at SciFiChick.com, 7/12/13)
More to come! (Updated 10:08 AM PST. 7/5/13)