Someone asked how old the characters in Shadow Campaigns are, which I think I can answer without being spoilery! The Thousand Names starts in 1208 YHG, so at that point (plus or minus a few months, I don’t have everyone’s birthdays) we’ve got:
- Marcus d’Ivoire – 35, b. 1173. He fights in the War of the Princes (1198-1202) as a lieutenant, then returns to the War College for more training to become a captain.
- Winter Ihernglass – 22, b. 1186. She runs away from the Prison in 1205 but takes some time to get to Khandar.
- Janus bet Vhalnich – Unknown, but probably late twenties.
- Raesinia Orboan – 19, b. 1189. Her “death” occurs in 1204, so she looks closer to 15-16.
- Bobby Forester – 17, b. 1191.
- Feor – Unknown, probably 18-20.
- Jane Verity – 23, b. 1185.
- Sothe – Unknown. Definitely thirties, probably older than Marcus.
I’m working from my notes here, so if I contradicted the books they’re probably right and I changed something later.
Hope that helps! If you have further questions drop me an email or Twitter.